ST. LOUIS – The St. Louis Business Journal has spotlighted six projects that the Electrical Connection's IBEW/NECA membership helped build in its annual Building St. Louis Awards. In its March 23-29 issue, the weekly business publication showcased recently built structures that “are changing and improving the face of St. Louis, one project at a time.” The focus section highlighted “the work of the individuals, engineers, architects, general contractors, financial institutions, interior designers and more behind each project.” A complete list of the projects saluted can be found at this link.
The Business Journal honored finalists and winners for the Building St. Louis Awards in specific categories. Among the winners that included the IBEW/NECA team are:
· St. Louis College Pharmacy, Phase II, where NECA contractor Guarantee Electrical orchestrated electrical engineering and installation. It was the winner in the category of private projects $10 million or more.
· World Wide Technology global headquarters, which included NECA contractor Kaemmerlen Electric on the team. It was named a winner in the category of public/private projects more than $10 million.
· St. Louis County Library – Florissant Valley Branch, which included NECA contractor Briner Electric on the building team. It was a winner in the category of renovations less than $5 million.
Finalists saluted in the Building St. Louis Awards included:
· Delmar Gardens III, which included NECA contractor Kaemmerlen Electric on the building team.
· Webster University – Browning Hall, which included NECA contractor Guarantee Electric on the building team.
· City of O’Fallon Justice Center, which tapped the skills of NECA contractors Briner Electric and Vision Electric.
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1 and St. Louis Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) form the Electrical Connection.